This workshop is designed for first time yogis, like Yoga 101. Learn the fundamentals of yoga in a group where everyone is new. You can consider it a prerequisite to your first
This workshop is designed for first time yogis, like Yoga 101. Learn the fundamentals of yoga in a group where everyone is new. You can consider it a prerequisite to your first group yoga class (like Yoga Basics or All Levels Vinyasa class).
Throughout this class we will introduce you to:
- The Quincy Yoga & Massage studio
- You’ll get a brief history and overview of yoga
- Overview of different props often used in the classroom
- You’ll be shown common uses for yoga props to help avoid injury and keep body alignment
- You will be introduced to common standing poses including Warrior I and Warrior II
- Instruction on the basic sequence of postures in yoga.
- You will practice the entire Sun Salutations sequence
If you have no idea what those bullet points mean, this is the class for you!
Getting ready for this workshop, here’s what you should bring:
- A yoga mat. If you do not have one, you can rent one for $2 at the studio.
- If you sweat a lot, bring a towel and some water.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in but that also allows your teacher to see your alignment.
(Sunday) 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Jeanne Dasarojeanne@quincyyogaandmassage.com 1245 Hancock Street Suite 33, Quincy Ma 02169
Reserve Your Seat
Seats are not available for sale any more for this class!